GILMAR IS HIRING!!
Looking for a Class 1 Driver.
Truck Driver Responsibilities Include
· Transporting finished goods and materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
· Inspecting vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
· Planning routes and meeting delivery schedules
We are looking for a Class 1 driver with 2+ years experience to serve our Company’s hauling needs in a safe and timely manner.
· Transport finished goods and materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
· Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
· Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
· Document and log work/rest periods and kilometres spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
· Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
· Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
· Collect and verify delivery instructions
· Report defects, accidents or violations
· Proven work experience as a truck driver
· Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
· Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
· No recent moving or driving violations
· Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
· Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations
· Valid truck driving licence
· Experience with over sized loads not required but preferred
3216 3 Ave South, Lethbridge, Alberta T1J 4H5. Contact us if interested!