Gilmar Crane Service in Lethbridge is Hiring a Class 1 Driver
Truck Driver Responsibilities Include
· Transporting finished goods and materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
· Inspecting vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
· Planning routes and meeting delivery schedules
We are looking for a Class 1 driver with 2+ years experience to serve our Company’s hauling needs in a safe and timely manner.
· Transport finished goods and materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
· Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
· Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
· Document and log work/rest periods and kilometres spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
· Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
· Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
· Collect and verify delivery instructions
· Report defects, accidents or violations
· Proven work experience as a truck driver
· Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
· Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
· No recent moving or driving violations
· Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
· Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations
· Valid truck driving licence
· Experience with over sized loads not required but preferred
Gilmar Crane Service in Lethbridge is Hiring a General Labourer
We are currently seeking a labourer to join our hardworking team. In this role, you will demonstrate your experience and expertise alongside
others who take the profession seriously and are committed to a safe work environment. You will always demonstrate consistent
commitment to safety. You will work as part of the team, ensuring our operation runs smoothly and on schedule.
· Operate a variety of hand and power tools, including drills, forklifts, skid loaders and other tools as directed by management.
· Clean and prepare sites as needed, including erecting steel, removing and properly disposing of debris and waste materials.
· Shovel materials to and from construction areas, including dirt.
· Follow all safety procedures on the job site and report violations immediately to management.
· Maintain a safe and clean job site by handling materials and storing them properly, picking up and removing all tools and equipment when not in use, and securing the job site daily.
· Load and unload construction supplies from trucks both manually and with the use of equipment.
· Report incidents immediately to safety director, foreman or HR in accordance with incident reporting procedures established by the company.
· Travel out of town to work on remote job sites as directed by management.
Job Skills & Qualifications Required:
· Valid driver’s license
· One or more years of experience in construction
· Ability to travel out of town during the week or on weekends
· Ability to lift heavy equipment
· Excellent stamina
· High school diploma or equivalency.